Thursday, July 23, 2009

Wonder what my theme song is?

I miss the days when I could legitimately lay in bed all day and not have to worry about little children running amok or housework or any other responsibilities. I miss laying in my twin bed in my mom's house, on a warm early fall day, with the sun peeking through the blinds. Sleeping the day away. It was made even sweeter when I skipped school to do nothing but lay around all day.


My life is too complicated now. Too many things on the "To-do list'", too many little hands needing cleaning, too many butts to wipe, too many mouths to feed. My husband wonders why I constantly have my earbuds on. It's my escape. It allows me to have a few minutes (or hours) of time I can pretend my name isn't constantly being called.


Or at least to pretend I don't hear it.


It helps me think and decompress. I'm beginning to think that music is my salvation. I've always been a musical person. I played 2 instruments growing up, I sang in church and school, I tried to teach myself piano (and I still remember the very 1st song I ever learned). My taste in music is pretty vast. With the exception of hardcore rap, I listen to almost everything. My playlist is almost comical. Garth Brooks right before Nine Inch Nails; Claire du Lune after Eminem. I would rather listen to music than talk or watch movies. My idea of heaven is reading a good book with my earbuds in, completely engrossed in the story.


I probably spend way more time than I should doing just that: reading and listening to music. If you don't already do, get a free Pandora account.


Best. Thing. Ever.


I don't what sort of hoodoo, voodoo magic programming leprechauns they have working for them, but they rock. Pandora app on the iPhone beats iTunes any day. Only thing I wish they'd fix was the inability to do ANYTHING else when listening. You can't go back to the home screen, it'll shut the program down. So, when you're listening on your phone, you can't do anything else. Which, while I'm doing the dishes or folding laundry is fine. But, not when I'm actually trying to do anything on my phone and listen to decent music at the same time.


My favorite bands at the moment:

Muse

Paramore

Flyleaf

Fireflight

Cartel


Check out: "Teardrop" by Massive Attack. Apparently it's the theme song to "House", which I don't watch, but they've got good taste. Fucking awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment