Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Technical issues

While, by the time I actually put this blog somewhere (because I've just been putting random thoughts in a text file every once in awhile when something strikes me), I will most likely have a name for it, at the moment I am stuck. The name I thought would be perfect is actually taken. And what's worse, they haven't updated their blog since 2006. WTF? I don't know if Blogger has some sort of time limit on domain names. I've contemplated just making an actual domain but, the truth is, I suck at code. And I don't want to have to ask for help with backgrounds and all that shit that I probably should have learned 10 years ago when I was first getting into blogging and the web in general. I consider it a small miracle that I can make text italicized, bold and strike thru without having to pull up any outside menus. Me & HTML don't get along all that well.



ETA: After speaking to a friend online, I figured out how to get around the fact that the actual name I wanted was taken. I hope to have a domain purchased and this blog up by the end of the weekend. Until then, Blogger's free and I have an itch to get my ramblings out there.

No comments:

Post a Comment